Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cleaning Out Grandma's House

Yesterday a bunch of us in our family went down to Grandma's house to box everything up and move it out. Grandpa Lawrence Wisner passed away almost 2 months ago now, and it was decided that she should live with some caretakers since she can't take care of herself and she has lost memory.

I was looking forward to going through all of their stuff in hopes of finding old documents and pictures I had never seen before. I had asked them many times for info and docs and they gave me a bunch of info and I scanned some good stuff, but I thought that there had to be more. And there was!

I was working for quite a while in their office, I guess you could call it. I found a bunch of great old pictures and a few documents and newspaper clippings. They had some obituaries and wedding announcements that were great. And in one of them I was finally able to find out when Lawrence Wisner's parents were married. I had figured out the year, but I hadn't been able to establish the month and day, but with the help of their marriage announcement in a newspaper clipping I saw it - June 11, 1921.

It's going to take me quite a while to go through all the good stuff that we found, and it's going to be real fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment