Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Ides of March Anniversary

Recently I made some pretty good headway on the Morey side of the family. Over Thanksgiving I was able to scan some pictures from my great aunt, and I came across one that had a bunch of people that I didn't recognize. Luckily, all their names were written on the back, and they turned out to be from the Morey family, of which I had very little information.

Morey Family 5 Jul 1924

So from left to right in this picture are Nellie Hannah (Morey) McLeod (1866-193X), Susan Amanda (Greene) Morey-Annners (1845-1925), Edward Henry Morey (1870-1935), Charlotte Amanda (Morey) Marles (1879-1949), and Martha Cornelia (Morey) Wisner (1876-1939).

With the info that was on the back I was able to find more references to the Morey children, and put together a pretty solid picture of their lives thru census records. AND I was also able to find some of their marriages including Susan Amanda's marriage to William Nelson Morey. I did not have a date or any info on it, but now I have these 2 marriage index cards that I found on Familysearch.org.

SusanAmandaGreeneMarriageCard WilliamNelsonMoreyMarriageCard

So with this new information I discovered that today is the 147th anniversary of William Nelson Morey and Amanda Susan Greene, married on 15 March 1865 in St. Albans, Vermont. Also in this string of discoveries I found the names of William's parents, John Morey and Betsey Stearns and their marriage in 1835. I also discovered that William and Susan had at least 2 other children that died as children, John F Morey (1867-1974), and Mary E Morey (1877-1882).

No comments:

Post a Comment